GAZETTE DATE 04/09/2007
LAST DATE 10/10/2007
1. Department : Information and Public Relations2. Name of Post : Information Officer (Scheduled Tribes only)
3. Scale of Pay : Rs.12930 - 20250
4. Number of vacancies : 1 (one)
Note:- The list of selected candidates published by the Commission shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of three years provided that the said list will not continue to be in force if a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year is published. Recruitment will be made for the above vacancies and also for the vacancies reported for Special Recruitment during the pendency of the list.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment (from among Scheduled Tribes only).
Note:- Applications received from candidates other than Scheduled Tribe candidates will be rejected. Individual communications regarding the rejection of their applications for the above reason will not be issued.6. Age Limit:- Should have completed 20 (Twenty) years and should not have completed 40 (Forty) years as on 01.01.2007 (No other age relaxation will be allowed).
NOTE: In the absence of qualified candidates within the age limit the upper age limit shall be relaxed upto 50 years. But in no case the maximum age limit shall exceed 50 (Fifty) years.
1. B.A/B.Sc/B.Com.Degree of any recognised University.
2. Experience in preparing handouts and feature items producing publicity materials and books, as a publicity Officer/PRO/Information Officer/Information Assistant/Editor/Editorial Assistants in a Government Publicity Department or a Private Organization or Firm or in the Editorial staff of a daily Newspaper or News Agency for a period of not less than two years after obtaining the degree.
3. Ability to translate from English to Malayalam and vice versa, prepare press bulletins and press publicity handouts and scrutiny newspapers.
NOTE:- i) The selected candidates shall undergone a three months training at Institute of communication, Delhi.
ii) Every person appointed to the post from the date on which he joins duty, shall be on probation for a period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years. Salary during the probationary period is the same as admissible to a probationer in the Government service. The successfully completed probationer will have given permanent appointment.
iii) The categories of Information Officer (Planning and Development), Editor, Information Officer (including District Information Officer), Scrutiny Officer and Cultural Development Officer shall be treated as interchangable for all purpose.
iv) Every person appointed to the post shall within the period of probation, pass the Account Test (Lower) if he has not passed the same.
v) Candidates should produce the experience certificate in the form given below:
Model form of certificate of experience
Experience Certificate from Government Publicity Department, Private Organisation, Firm, Daily News paper, News Agency etc.
Date of Registration :
Name of Institution :
CERTIFICATE OF EXPERIENCE
Issued to (here enter Name and Address)
This is to certify that the above mentioned person has worked/has been working/is working in this institution as
(here enter the name of post holding or held or the nature of assignment holding or held in the Institution) on Rs. per day/per mensum for a period of .. years .. months days from
Dated Signature, Name and
Designation of the Issuing Authority
wiith Name of the Institution.
Date of issue :
Certified that Sri. . Mentioned in the the above experience certificate has actually worked/is working as .. (specify nature of employment) in the above Institution during the period mentioned therein as per the entry in the register (Name of Register to be specified) maintained by the employer as per the provisions of the .. Act (Name of Act/Rules to be specified). Also certified that I am the authorized officer to inspect the Registers kept by the employer as per the provisions of the Act/Rules of the State/Central Government.
Signature with Date :
Name of Attesting Officer
with Designation and
Name of Office.
N.B: The veracity of the Experience Certificate will be subject to scrutiny and legal action will be initiated against those who issued or produce bogus certificate
8. The application can be submitted by on-line facility provided in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Detailed instructions regarding the submission of applications are available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission viz, www.kerala psc.org. No application fee is required. The barcode number in the application form shall be quoted in all further enquiries/correspondence. Documents to prove qualification, age and community have to be produced as and when called for. Applications which are submitted not in accordance with the instructions given in the website will be summarily rejected.
Candidates are allowed to submit the application either by online or in the conventional application form. The conventional application forms will be available in the Post Officres inside the state and Office of the Kerala Public Service Commission. The cost of application form for Scheduled Tribe candidates of Kerala is Rs.5/- (Rupees five only). An information brochure will be supplied with the application form. Candidates should read the instructions carefully before filling up the form.
9. Mode of sending applications:
(a) Applications should be submitted in the form devised and printed by the Kerala Public Service Commission and applications otherwise submitted will be summarily rejected.
(b) The applicant shall send his application in the cover supplied with the application form.
(c) The name of the post, the Category Number and the Department of the respective post should be clearly noted at the top of the envelop.
(d) The name and address of the candidate shall be entered at the bottom left hand corner and the address to which applications are to be sent at the bottom right hand corner of the envelope.
10. Last Date for receipt of applications: 10/10/2007 Wednesday upto 5.00 pm.
11. Address to which applications are to be sent:
The Deputy Secretary,
Special Recruitment Wing,
Kerala Public Service Commission,
Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, 695 004.
12. Paragraph two, three and twenty seven (Except the conditions laid down in the Rule 3 (c) of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Services Rules) are not applicable to this selection.
13. Appointments are made subject to the rank secured in the ranked list of candidates prepared in pursuance of this notification subject to the conditions laid down in G.O.(P) No. 25/94/GAD, dated 22.1.1994 allowing Special Reservations to Scheduled Tribes in accordance with the procedures made for this purpose from time to time and subject to the rules under Sections 3(c) , 17(a), 17(b) of Part II of Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1958.
(For details refer to the General Conditions at the end of the notification).