GAZETTE DATE –30.04.2008
LAST DATE - 04.06.2008
CATEGORY Nos. 185/2008
2. Name of Post : LD Clerk (SR for SC/ST )
(This will include the integrated post of LD Clerk/ Village Assistant in the Revenue Department)
i. Vacancies of Lower Division Clerk
in Kerala Water Authority; Kerala Khadi and Village Industries Board and
ii. The vacancies of Amin in Judicial Department also be filled up from the Ranked List prepared in pursuance on this Notification after obtaining willingness of the candidate.
3. Scale of Pay : Rs. 5250 – 8390/-
4. Number of Vacancies : Districtwise: Ernakulam
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – 1 (One)
Scheduled Tribe only – 1 (One)
i. Candidates advised as Lower Division Clerk/Village Assistant in the Revenue Department from the Ranked List is to be prepared in pursuance of this Notification will be sent by the Department for survey training if they have not already passed Chain Survey Test. They shall acquire the test qualification for being promoted to the cadre of Village Officer/Upper Division Clerk vide Special Rules for the Kerala Revenue Ministerial Subordinate Service.
ii. The list of selected candidates published by the Commission shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of three years provided that the said list will not continue to be in force if a new list after expiry of the minimum period of one year is published. Recruitment will be made for the above vacancies and also for the vacancies reported for Special Recruitment from SC/ST during the pendency of the list. Candidates against vacancies reported exclusively for Scheduled Tribes will also be advised from this list and only in the absence of Scheduled Tribe Candidates in this list that fresh notification for vacancies reserved exclusively for Scheduled Tribes will be issued.
iii. The selection in pursuance of this notification will be made on a Revenue District basis subject to the Special Conditions laid down in G.O.(MS) No. 154/71/PD, dated: 27-05-1971. A candidate advised for appointment in one Revenue District from the Ranked List so prepared is not eligible for transfer to another District unless he/she completes five (5) years continuous service from the date of commencement of service in the former District. Even if, transfer is allowed after five (5) years, it will be subject to the orders contained in G.O.(MS) No. 4/61/PD, dated: 2-1-1961. Candidates already in Government Service, holding the post in one District are restricted from applying for the same post in another District. But they can apply for higher posts.
iv. Candidates from the Ranked List for district wise selection will be advised for appointment against the Headquarters vacancies also. As per the provision in G.O.(MS) No. 154/71/PD, dated: 27-05-1971, appointment against the Headquarter vacancies will be started from Thiruvananthapuram District. Separate option need not be given for this.
v. Candidates are not eligible to apply for the same post in more than one District. If a candidate applies to more than one District and gets selected, his/her selection will be cancelled and disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
vi. The name of the District to which appointment is desired should be noted in the relevant column of the application and application should be sent to the concerned District Office of the Kerala Public Service Commission.
5. Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment
(from among Scheduled Castes/
Scheduled Tribes only).
NOTE:- Application received from non SC/ST Candidates will be rejected. Individual communication regarding rejection of their applications for the above reason will not be issued.6. Age Limit : Should have completed Eighteen (18) years and should not have completed Forty (40) years as on 01-01-2008 (No other age relaxation will be allowed.)
NOTE:- In the absence of qualified candidates within the age limit the upper age limit shall be relaxed upto 50 years. But in no case the maximum age limit shall exceed 50 (fifty) years.
Pass in SSLC examination or any other equivalent qualifications.
Note:- Candidates who wish to get appointments as Lower Division Clerk in Kerala State Archives Department should note clearly at the top of the Side B of their applications. “For appointment in the State Archives Department also”. If it has not been noted in the application, such applications will not be considered for appointment in the State Archives when turn for recruitment arise. When the Ranked List for the post is published the fact whether the candidates are willing to be appointed in the State Archives Department will be noted against their names. Such candidates are eligible for appointment in other departments also, as and when their turn for recruitment arises. If a person is once advised for appointment in the State Archives Department he will not be further considered for appointment in any other Department on the basis of that select list. Persons appointed as Lower Division Clerk in State Archives Department have to undergo during the period of probation, an in service training in ‘old script’ as prescribed by Government.
8. Application Form: The application form is a single sheet of paper printed on both sides to facilitate Computer Processing also using the OPTICAL MARK READER (OMR). Side ‘A’ is the O.M.R. Data Sheet and Side ‘B’ is the Conventional Application Form. Candidates must fill up both sides of the application. Each application form contains a unique Eight Digit BARCODE on Side ‘A’. The candidate has to quote this number for further enquiries.
Cost of application form is Rs.5/- (Rupees five only). The application should be filled up in accordance with the directions contained in the Information Brochure supplied along with the application. The application can be obtained from Post Offices in Kerala and from various Offices of the Commission.
NOTE:- Documents to prove Qualification, Age, Community etc. have to be produced as and when called for. No documents should be attached with the application.
Applications which are not in the aforesaid form and those which are not filled up in accordance with the instructions in the Brochure will be summarily rejected.
9. The applicant shall send his/her application in the cover supplied with application form.
NOTE: Applications should be submitted in the form devised and printed by the Commission and applications otherwise submitted will be summarily rejected.
10. Mode of Sending the Application:
(a) Name of the Post, Category Number and the Department of the Respective Post should be clearly noted at the top of the envelope.
(b) The Name and Address of the candidate shall be entered at the bottom left hand corner and the address to which applications are to be sent at the bottom right hand corner of the envelope.
11. Last Date for Receipt of Applications:04/06/2008 Wednesday, upto 5 pm.
12. Address to which applications are to be sent:District Office concerned
Note:- Applications addressed to the Secretary/Additional Secretary/Joint Secretary/Regional Officer/Deputy Secretary of Kerala Public Service Commission will be rejected.
13. Paragraphs two, three and twenty seven of the General Conditions are not applicable to this selection.
14. Appointments are made subject to the rank secured in the Ranked List of Candidates prepared in pursuance of this Notification subject to the conditions laid down in G.O.(MS) No. 142/72/PD, dated: 13-04-1972, G.O.(MS) No. 309/73/PD, dated: 29-11-1973 and G.O.(P) No. 21/76/PD, dated: 17-01-1976 and G.O.(P) No. 25/94/GAD, dated: 22-01-1994 allowing special reservations to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, and in accordance with the procedures made for this purpose from time to time and subject to the rules under Sections: 3(c), 17(a), 17(B) of Part II of the Kerala State Subordinate Service Rules 1958.
For details refer to the General Conditions.