1. Department : Technical Education (Polytechnics)
2. Name of Post : Head of Section in Automobile Engineering (SR for ST Only)
3. Scale of Pay : Rs. 7800 – 12975/-
4. Number of vacancies : 1(One)
Note:- The list of selected candidates published by the Commission shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of three years provided that the said list will not continue to be in force if a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year is published. Recruitment will be made for the above vacancies and also for the vacancies reported for Special Recruitment for ST only during the pendency of the list.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment (from among Scheduled Tribes only)
Note:- Applications received from candidates other than Scheduled Tribe candidates will be rejected. Individual communications regarding the rejection of their applications for the above reason will not be issued.
6. Age Limit : Should have completed 20 (Twenty) years and should not have completed 40 (Forty) years as on 01.01.2008 (No other age relaxation will be allowed).
Note:- In the absence of qualified candidates within the age limit the upper age limit shall be relaxed upto 50 years. But in no case the maximum age limit shall exceed 50 (Fifty) years.
7. Qualifications: 1. Degree in Automobile Engineering or Technology or any other qualification recognized by the Government as equivalent thereto .
Probation:- Every person appointed in the post shall from the date on which he joins duty be on probation for a total period of two years on duty, within a continuous period of three years.
8. The application can be submitted only through on-line facility provided in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Detailed instructions regarding the submission of applications are available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission viz. www.keralapsc.org. No application fee is required. The barcode number in the application form in the web site shall be quoted in all further enquiries/ correspondence. Documents to prove qualification, age and community have to be produced as and when called for. Applications which are submitted not in accordance with the instructions given in the website or other than through on-line will be summarily rejected.9. Last Date for receipt of applications : 14/05/ 2008 Wednesday upto 5.00 pm.
10. Address to which applications are to be sent: www.keralapsc.org.
11. Paragraphs 2, 3 and 27 (Except the conditions laid down in the Rules 3 (c) of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Services Rules) are not applicable to this selection.
12. Appointments are made subject to the rank secured in the ranked list of candidates prepared in pursuance of this notification subject to the conditions laid down in G.O.(P)No.25/94/GAD dated 22.01.1994 allowing Special Reservations to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes in accordance with the procedures made for this purpose from time to time and subject to the rules under Sections 3(c), 17(a), 17(b) of Part II of Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1958.
(For details refer to the General Conditions. )